[COMPETITION CLOSED] It’s time to get hearted! As a Rikkis rider, if your taxi driver happens to gift you a heart, your ride is free! Our way of spreading some love this Valentine’s Day…
Ahead of Valentine’s Day, we thought we’d make everyday of Cupid’s week a special one! And what better way than to make each day special for those that support us the most? That’s why we’re giving not one, not two, but every single passenger who happens to to take our heart-filled Rikkis taxi a free ride daily up until Valentine’s Day.
You’ve been Hearted!
Getting your free ride is easy – albeit up to chance! Simply book or hail a Rikkis taxi down, hop in and state your destination. Should luck be on your side when you reach the end of your journey, your taxi driver will reveal a golden-crusted heart to you with the words #FreeRikkisRide written on it. If this golden heart is bestowed unto you, your ride (up to 5km or R50) is mahala!
How to WIN a Valentine’s Day Ride
In order to get your ride for mahala for real, here’s what you need to do…
- Follow @RikkisTaxis on Twitter.
- Then you need to take a snap of yourself holding the golden heart
- Finally, share the pic to Twitter, telling the world you just scored a #FreeRikkisRide! Don’t forget to use the HASTHAG and TAG US in your tweet…
Closing Date: 14 February 2015
Terms and Conditions
- All persons entering the WIN a Rikkis Ride “Competition” (“the promotional competition”) (“the entrants”) agree that the competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
- The entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the competition he or she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and he or she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
Rules of the Competition
- This promotional competition will start on 10 February 2014 and end on 14 February 2015.
- The prize:
- Several winners will receive a free ride up to 5km or R50.
- In order to qualify as an entrant for this promotional competition:
- the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa;
- the entrant must provide correct and full personal details, as required; and
- the entrant must be 18 years old or older.
- the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- To enter the promotional competition, the entrant must: ‑
- Follow @RikkisTaxis on Twitter.
- Take a snap of themselves holding the golden heart
- Finally, share the pic to Twitter, telling the world you just scored a #FreeRikkisRide! Don’t forget to use the HASTHAG and @RikkisTaxis in their tweet…
- The promoters, Rikkis any related entity – directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the above names parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
Selection of Winners
- Winner selection will be ongoing from 10 February 2015 to 14 February 2015 (this date is subject to change without notice).
- The entrants to whom the prizes will be awarded to will be selected based on whether they have a “golden heart” in their taxi.
- The winners will be announced via Twitter on an ongoing basis as each one shares their golden-heart image, using #FreeRikkisRide.
- Rikkis reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Rikkis, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- By entering the competition in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA“) and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to (i) providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
- The promoter shall conduct the competition, and the promoter’s decision on any matter related to the competition, including the selection of prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The names of the prize winners will be published on the Rikkis website. Winners may be requested to take part in the promoters’ publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. Winners are, however, entitled to decline such request.